Monday, September 18, 2006

futile
i am a person who has done things without knowing wat i want to be since childhood..i wouldnt say i have never been ambitious,but its more like i have always preferred having my ambitions dished out to me..if i knw i have to do something,there is a better chance i might do it,but i cant think of that path for myself al by myself..
as i said in my previous post,i have never rely wanted to be an engineer,i dont think i care bout being a manager or anything much..the only reason i would like to do an mba is because i knw its maybe my last shortcut to making it big..
i heard bout this guy a few days ago..he gave up everything n took off on a bicycle on a world tour..that is one person who has truly impressed me..
for the last few weeks i have been thinking evrything i have done,or would do is futile..there is no purpose for which i want to be rich..i would be happy if only i could find something i rely wanted to do,n then do it,even i cant earn much..
the only things i have any heart for doing r adventurous stuff like wildlife photography,or that cycle dude..really want to do something like that..these r things that have not been dished out to me,these r things i thought of myself,n when i heard bout that guy,it gave me hope..it made me feel,it is possible to live like that..
now my pursuits r no longer so futile..they r stil futile,but not so futile..
i have a "CUNNING" plan..i am doing al this so i can earn enough by the age of 32 to do wat i want.i wil earn enough so i can sustain myself for the rest of my life..
now isnt that worth something?
one day i wil ride away into the sunset on my bicycle too. :-)
amen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, really...the way you just took those words out of my mouth or fingertip, rather....I'm in my final yr of electronics engg, too...and wondering just what the hell I was thinking when I took the plunge....but then I believe in God..so I'm thinking maybe there was a reason....

P said...

I guess everyone who will read this will be able to identify with it...Yes,there are times in our lives when we do wonder on the futility of all that we are doing...and well,atleast the thought give us respite...liking riding the bicycle in the sunset:)

Balaji K said...

@gainone
interesting.im curious when someone tells me they feel there is a reason..
i somehow never can think that way unfortunately ;)

Balaji K said...

@anonymous
here is the difference.i feel anything most of the ppl r doing is futile..let me give u an example..
there might be a nurse healing some militancy affected villager in kashmir..wat use is her effort,when the politicians on both sides dont give a shit bout that villager?

Shubha said...

hmm .. nobody gives a shit about anythng but themselves and its all about that at the end of the day...